Thursday, October 15, 2009

Horseradish-Mayonaise-Hard Cider Coleslaw

SO

I hope you liked Beer Butt Chicken - I made it just last night!



Here is what I served with it:

Horseradish-Mayonnaise-Hard Cider Coleslaw

Horseradish - you can use fresh grated or out of a jar. I use the jar kind, drained. Add as much as you can stand. I like it to have a kick so I add 3 to 4 tablespoons.

1 cup of mayonnaise (please use Hellmans, I can't stand that other crap!)

8 oz carton of sour cream

1/4 cup of any Hard Cider of your choice. I like the ones that aren't so sweet.

1/2 t of celery seeds


1/2 t of salt


1/2 t of pepper


Shredded cabbage. You can get all fancy and shread your own, I just buy the bagged.


Open the bottle of Hard Cider, measure 1/4 cup into a measuring cup and pour into a mixing bowl. Drink the rest of the Cider while you continue. To the cider add the horseradish, mayo, sour cream. celery seeds, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add cabbage to mixture and toss well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge at least one hour. It should keep for about 3 days.

This is great on pulled pork sandwiches and, as I said earlier, Beer Butt Chicken!




No comments:

Post a Comment